Who We Are
Lighthouse of the Big Bend is a nonprofit agency dedicated to assisting people with vision loss. Services are provided on a one to one or group basis without regard to individual or family income level, race, creed, age, disability or national origin.
The mission of Lighthouse of the Big Bend is to enhance the lives of individuals who live with vision loss in the Big Bend area through direct services, community engagement, and education.
Who We Serve
Lighthouse of the Big Bend serves individuals, from birth through life, who are legally blind, and live in one the following counties: Franklin, Gadsden, Hamilton, Jefferson, Lafayette, Leon, Liberty, Madison, Suwannee, Taylor, and Wakulla.
What We Do
Lighthouse of the Big Bend offers services to assist individuals seeking to be independent or maintain their independence after losing vision later in life.
Some of our Services
- Techniques of independent daily living
- Communication (reading, writing, phone)
- Assistive technology including computers
- Orientation and mobility (moving safely around the home and community)
- Employment skills
- Recreation and leisure activities
- Individual and family adjustment counseling
Become a Lighthouse client
The Lighthouse of the Big Bend is a fully accredited by the National Accreditation Council for Agencies Serving the Blind and Visually Impaired (NAC).